Monday, November 8, 2010

Who is in Charge of Your Life?

Did you hear about the Marine who had been in the Marines, got out and was now reenlisting. The enlisting officer said, "You have been in the Marines. You know the rigors and demands on you in the Marines. Tell me why are you reenlisting. The Marine raised his head, looked out the door and said, "There is no one in charge out there."

Who is in charge?  The truth is there are so very few in charge of their own lives. Joshua looked at the people of Israel who were about to enter the promised land and said, "Choose you this day whom you will serve but as for me...I will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15. He took charge of his life and of course his house. My heart is stirred beyond measure tonight and I want to encourage you, no challenge you, to take charge of your life. So many just play games with God. "Why do you call me Lord and do not the things which I say?"
Read your bible and enjoy God in heaven and the letters He wrote for you. Job said, :"I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food" Job 23:12. How do you esteem the Word of God? Less than your necessary food? As much as or more than your necessary food? Would you be embarrassed tell God how little you read? Please take charge and read at least 5 chapters a day. Begin in the Gospel of John, please not Genesis. Under line verses that are especially meaningful or answer questions for you. Memorize at least one verse a week. "Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You" Psalm 119:11. Meditate on what you read each day, for at least a few minutes. "This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success" Josh 1:8. Now, doesn't that make sense?

Turn off the TV It really is a shame to spend much more time watching dumb junk on TV. Instead fill your your soul with the riches of God's Word and grace. "Those that honor me, I will honor" 1 Sam. 2:30.

O dear people, you know this, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matt 6:33. My heart is so burdened about this for all of us, that I can hardly stand it. Be like Peter and say, "I will because you say" Luke 5:5. and remember, I love you, all because of Calvary, sumner