Monday, October 15, 2007

Have a plan: how to approach people and how to present the gospel

Have a plan: how to approach a person and how to present the gospel.

Never embarrass a person.
A person at your door, a clerk in a store are great prospects. Don't poke a tract at a person, be as gracious as possible. Hold the tract in front of them so they can read the title, then say, "May I give you something good to read? You will like that, it just tells you how to go to heaven." If they say, "I am a believer" or "I already have my ticket" or
"I already know I am gong there." Say, "That is wonderful, how about reading this and then give it someone else so they have a chance to go to heaven too." Most will do it.

Plant seed to reap souls
I love to go shopping with my wife. She goes shopping and I go fishing. The more you do it the more you learn a good approach. In a grocery store, a clerk smiles and says, "Can I help you?" I have a pet way to say, "I need a lot of help" and this always brings a smile. Then I say, "Let me give you something good to read when you have time, you will like this, it just tells you how to go to heaven." Most are busy and that is all you normally should do and just pray right then that they might be saved from reading the tract. Another shopper smiles and says, "Hi". I say hi back and then do the same and say, "Let me give you something good to read"...and go on. They now have a chance to go to heaven. You have now given them the gospel!

Late one night in a Seven Eleven store, I gave the clerk a tract. He was so ready and after I gave him the gospel, he gladly prayed out loud to receive the Lord Jesus. then he said, "My wife has been begging me for 15 years to get saved. Wait till I tell her how I got saved at 2 a. m. in the store. We MUST believe God that "the harvest is plenteous" and expect Him to use the gospel to get others saved. THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.

Special announcement. NO ONE on our team gets one cent from this ministry. We all give into it. A good number have asked about giving to the missions project of getting tracts published in different languages around the world. You can now and get tax credit for it. Send money to "Northside Baptist Church, 3130 Moon Rd. Mesquite, TX 75150. Every cent goes into this mission's project. We will keep you posted. We love you. ABC Sumner