Monday, October 8, 2007

Someone is praying for that lost person you meet today

You must open the conversation-
Jesus opened the conversation with the woman at the well, John 4. Phillip opened the conversation with the Ethiopian in Acts 8. Both were strangers to them. "We say come and hear, God says go and tell." I am thinking about someone who comes to your door, such as a salesman, delivery person, repairman or a clerk, waitress etc, You can be sure someone is praying that you would witness to them and lead them to Christ. Lk 16, That man in hell pleaded that someone would go and witness to his brothers. I prayed for 35 years that someone would lead my father to Christ. He was hard and told me, in no uncertain terms, to leave him alone. The tragedy is that no one ever witnessed to him.

Tracts open the door
I am totally baffled why Christians don't give out tracts to people at their door or in their store. Almost every person I have led to Christ , outside of the Chrurch, it started out with giving them a tract. Not only that but the multitude of times you can not do any more, They then have a chance to get saved or God has an opening to start convicting them and someone else lead them to Christ.

What to do you say then?
NEVER ask, "Are you a Christian"! Church members of every denomination, of every cult etc. think they are and will say, "Yes." Then what do you say? You are stuck. Start out by saying as you graciously offer the person a tract, "This just tells you how to go to heaven." Pause and listen for a response. I have heard, from "I have been wanting to get saved for three weeks, tell me what to do" to "Man I need that." and then give them the gospel and see them get saved.

If no response
Be sure you are walking and talking in the Spirit and ask, "Do you know for sure you are going to heaven one day?"
When someone says, "Yes, I have been born again" or "I am a believer". I always say, "I am so glad. Aren't you glad someone told you how to be saved. Don't you think we all ought to tell someone else how to be saved too." "You will love that tract. Please read it and then give it to someone else so they have a chance to be saved too." and I leave them and look for someone who is prepared. What do you say when they say, "No I don't know for sure I am gong to heaven." don't miss the next lesson. It is vital.

Get this in you heart and be sure you tell it every time you witness, "God loves you and sent His Son the Lord Jesus to suffer and die for your sins and mine, paid our debt in full, was buried, rose again and was seen by hundreds of people." That is the "full" gospel and it is "The power of God unto salvation to everyone who BELEIVES" that is the only reason and way they can go to heaven.

People have one thing in common: They are all different." One day like Him we shall be!

Enter the drawings for packs of tracts www.sumnerwemp.com .Order some for you and your church 1-877-872-2871: It will be out in KJV and in Spanish in Dec. Right now it is being translated into at least ten languages. Go to Feature Section, read encouraging new articles