Saturday, January 26, 2008

The purpose of the Tabernacle--to meet God

The purpose of the tabernacle is defined in Exodus 25:8, "And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them." It was to be a "sanctuary," a "place set apart" for God to dwell among them. For the first time, God was to have a house of worship.
 
The tabernacle had to be a portable structure for Israel had not as yet reached their home in the new land. They were pilgrims in a foreign land. Today, we also have a portable place of worship: "For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people (2 Cor. 6:16). Like Israel, we also are not at "home" yet, but are "strangers and pilgrims: in a foreign land (1 Pet. 2:11). May God feel at home in our bodies so that His glory may be seen in us!
"That I may dwell among them." What a purpose for the tabernacle! He did not come down to dwell among them because they were holy, but to make them holy." "And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy  seat" (Ex. 25:22). The finale is given in Revelation 21:3, "And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."
 
You and I can say today, "The Lord is in His holy temple, (our bodies) let all the world be silent." Now let us worship the dear Lord, in all things, all day, every day as we walk through life. Make sense? Oh, I LOVE YOU, All Because of Calvary, Sumner
THANKS to you who sent friends and families emails to add to our mailing list. I really hope you will too.Hope your name is drawn to get a pack of tracts FREE.
 
Join the 10,000 who get our brief encouraging and teaching Emails MWF. Write me at sumner@sumnerwemp.com. See our web site www.sumnerwemp.com for great motivation, encouragement and much more, then enter our free book drawing. Get our newest tract, "Your Ticket to Heaven" Call 1-877-827-2871 to order them. ABC Sumner