Friday, April 25, 2008

Dear people, I have a passion for every one of you to see the same

From one of you!
My friend of 40 years, Lynn, called me and mentioned she had not won anyone to the Lord for a while and she was going to the local rescue mission last night. Over the phone I prayed that God would give her a soul to win. I also told her to let me know the person's name later. She was surprised by what I said. Surprised, that is, until she led a woman named Kay to the Lord last night. Kay's stepmother had been witnessing faithfully to her. I was so excited, but not surprised.(Me too, Sumner)

Kind sir, kind lady, "the harvest is plenteous" God said so. "The laborers are few" We, the 50 mil Christians in the USA,  can and must change the world, one soul at a time.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY, HE DID IT. As I do every 2 or 3 weeks, I went to the black barber college to get a hair cut. The manager, who prayed with me to receive Christ a month ago, always picks out a barber who knows how to give "a white folks haircut'. Our pet joke there. He took me to a fairly new lady barber student. She had never cut a white man's hair. He taught her how to cut my hair and they cut it together and did a terrific job. As I always do, I gave her a tip double the average tip there. Then I gave her "Your Ticket to Heaven" Immediately, she said, "I need that." "We all do", I replied. I told her how God loved her and sent the Lord Jesus to suffer and die for our sins, paid our debt in full, was buried, rose again and was seen alive by hundreds of people.  By now she had tears and said, "Yes", she understood it and gladly prayed with me to receive the Lord Jesus, as her Savior, her face beaming all over.

The Christian lady barber in the next chair said, "She needed that."
And I found out she had been miserable. I left there weeping with joy and praising God for what He did and the way He worked it all out.

Next, Celeste and I went to a very big home improvement store. Two lady employees helped us find what we needed and I gave them each, "Your Ticket to Heaven". One was very openly a Christian, the other very open to the gospel which I shared very briefly.  Just then the Christian lady pointed to a group of about 10 employees and said, "Go give that man one, he is the big boss here" I gave one to all. You should have seen the response. It was over whelming and all said, I will read. including the big  boss. I kiddingly told the big boss, Frank, and pointed to the two ladies, they told me to especially give you one " Oh, how thrilling to see God work. He said, "They were right, I need it."  That was all that was appropriate to do at the time. I will go see him personally very shortly.

We came home and I went to work in the yard. Three teens agers. on their way home from school, came by. "As is my custom" I gave each "Your ticket to Heaven." One of the greatest moments of my life occurred as I told them how God loves them and the Lord Jesus suffered and died for our sins, paid our debt in full was buried, rose gain and was seen by hundreds of people. Never have I seen God open the eyes and hearts of three people together, as He did theirs.

They prayed out loud with me right there on the sidewalk to receive the Lord Jesus as their savior. I wish you could have seen their faces. They showed they had been saved. I gave each of them my book, "How on earth can I be Spiritual" and they promised to read it. One did not have a Bible and I gave him one and told them to start reading the gospel of John, three chapters a day.

Dear People, the next president is not going to change the world. We Christians are the only ones who can, one soul at a time.

We must give the gospel through a tract or talk, to EVERY person like God told us. Oh how I love you dear people and LONG for each of us to see God work it all out as He did for me all day today. ABC Sumner