Monday, May 4, 2009

Pray and Fast

"If I shut up heaven." "If my people which are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways then will I hear from heaven and will heal their land" 2 Chronicles 7:13,14. There it is, an open and shut case.

THE LAND IS DEVOURED

The locust have devoured the land. There is a pestilence among God's people, We are in a heap of trouble. EVERY NATION IS! What shall we do?

WHY NOT PRAY AND FAST?

"Call upon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver thee and thou shalt glorify me" Psalm 50:15.

"This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting" Mark 9:29. Why not try it? God expects us to fast for He said, "When ye fast" not if but when Matt 7.

I received an email urging that we all join in and have this unique date set aside for a world wide day of prayer and fasting. I am jumping on the bandwagon and urging you to do the same.

Someone, get the Pope to proclaim the same. Someone get the president of our country and yours to do the same. Get the President of every denomination, the pastor of every church, the "papa" of every home to do the same.

ISRAEL DID AND GOD DID TURN

"And they cried, and their cry came up unto God" "And God looked upon the children of Israel and God had respect unto them" "And I am come down to deliver them" Exodus 3:

HUMBLE YOURSELF

"America (N & S) Africa, Asia, Arab, Australia, Azores, Ant- arctica and All others, WE NEED GOD. Get rid of your pride. God resisteth the proud and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in do time" 1 Peter 5:6. Let's see what He will do.

PRAY

Don't say a little prayer, let's have a day of prayer. Like Hannah. who "was in bitterness of soul and prayed unto the Lord and wept sore" and "poured out my soul before the Lord" 1 Sam. 1:10 ff let us get serious and have some "effectual fervent prayer of righteous men availeth much" James 5:16. "A broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise" Psalm 51:17.

TURN FROM OUR WICKED WAYS

"Put away the strange gods" Genesis 35:2,:Joshua 24:14, 23: Judges 10:16; 1 Samuel 7:3. Before God moves for us, we must move out those things that offend our Holy God. "Turn from YOUR wicked ways." Don't worry about someone else. It's YOUR move! Don't you be one who misses out!

FAST

"Deny yourself" Luke 9:"23. Say NO to the flesh. Feed on the "bread of life" and pray. "My meat is to do the will of Him that sent me" John 4:34. Be like Jesus and "have meat to eat that ye know not of" win souls!

HE WILL HEAR AND HEAL YOUR LAND

"I will hear from heaven, and will forgive your sins and will heal your land." O dear people, how we need our lives cleansed as well as our land healed. Don't you be left out! I am not!

After being out of print for sometime, in answer to praying "Enlarge my coast' as Jabez did, my book "Fishing for Men" is being reprinted! PRAISE THE LORD. ABC sumner

"Learn to enjoy your own company. You are the one person you can count on living with for the rest of your life"