Friday, October 30, 2009

A Man without Honor in His Own House!

"Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in
his own house is a prophet without honor" Mark 6:4.

As I meditated on this verse it hit me how too often a man, a husband,
a father, is not honored or safe in his own house and among his own
kin.

To whom honor is due
"Marriage is honorable" Heb 13:4. We are to "honor all men" and to
"honor the king" 1 Peter 2:17. "Children are to "honor thy father and
mother" Mark 10:17. A man is to "give honor to his wife" 1 Peter 3:7.
"Give everyone what you owe him: if honor, then honor " Rom 13:7.

LOOK for things to admire
One of you wrote me, "Thank you for this message. I need this and more
than I know. I realize that the Bible tells me that I am to respect my
husband but have been finding this very difficult for good reason.
Thank you for helping me to remember to LOOK for things to admire (O
dear people, this is the KEY, LOOK FOR THINGS TO ADMIRE AND TELL HIM
SO, sumner). Bless you for your words of encouragement."

A man I mentored, rose like a meteor to become Vice President of a
corporation. He was admired and praised by all in the business, Sadly,
at home his wife noted all of his faults and reminded him of
everything. No wonder he became attracted to a lady at the office who
admired him and showed it (We do not condone a man to cheat on his
wife for any reason). He was starved for admiration and MOST MEN ARE!

O dear ladies, you know how to hornswaggle your husband, how to make
him putty in your hand, how to become the queen on the throne at home.
Charles Swab, who was known for his leadership in the business world,
when asked his secret, he said, "Be lavish with your praise." Dear
lady, try that on your husband and see a miracle right before your
eyes. You learn this key and use it and it will transform your
marriage.

YOU and I must stop quibbling about what our spouses do and begin
doing our part and what we know to do to bring real happiness and
harmony in our marriages. Now, doesn't that make sense?

How wives get the ATTENTION and men get the ADMIRATION in the next
email. Don't miss it. It will transform your living and marriage.