Monday, December 28, 2009

Good News: Be Thankful!

The good news is "Christ died for our sins, rose again and was seen by hundreds" 1 Cor. 15:1-4. "For Christ also died for sins once for all " 1 Peter 3:18. "and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross" 1 Peter 2:24. "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him " 2 Cor. 5:21.

And they crucified Him
"They dressed Him up in purple, and after twisting a crown of thorns, they put it on Him; and they began to acclaim Him, "Hail, King of the Jews!" Mark 15:17. 18. "And they blindfolded Him and were asking Him, saying, "Prophesy, who is the one who hit You?" And they were saying many other things against Him, blaspheming" Luke 22:64, 65. Isaiah sums it up saying, "So His appearance was marred more than any man. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth " Isa. 52:14; 53:7.

Why have you forsaken me
The Son of the Living God took all the physical suffering and never moaned or groaned once, but when "the Lord laid on him the iniquity of us all" He cried out, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?" Mark 15:34.

He took my place
There is but one answer, He took my place and suffered and died for my sins, paid the eternal debt of my sins in full. Question? Did He die for YOUR sins? Did He pay your debt in full? Then THANK HIM. I find it keeps my heart warm and filled with joy to thank Him daily for dying for my sins. That is why the Lord's supper is so special as we "remember" his death and "proclaim His death, until He comes" 1 Cor. 11

Oh dear people, my all time favorite song is "When I survey the wondrous cross, on which the prince of glory died, My richest gain I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride" and that last verse, "Were the whole realm of nature mine, that were a present far to small. Love so amazing so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all." Doesn't that make sense?

Be thankful for the Lord Jesus suffering and dying for our sins, paying our debt in full and rising from the dead so He can now be our personal Savior and we can be forgiven of our sins. Isn't that awesome and amazing grace? Now that is BIG NEWS!

Prayer:  Father, Thank you that You chose us and thank You that the Lord Jesus suffered and died for our sins and we are saved by receiving Him as our savior. In Jesus name.