Monday, February 15, 2010

Read and Study the Bible

O how we need children of Issachar "who understood the times, with knowledge of what Israel should do" 1 Chron. 12:32. There is so much prophecy about the future so we today can understand the times and know what our nations and people ought to do. We must study the Bible.

It is good for troubled hearts. "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also." John 14:1-3. We used to sing the great song, "This world is not my home, I'm just a passing through, my treasure are laid up somewhere beyond the blue." Praise the Lord, He is coming again to take us home to the place He has prepared for us. WOW.

Troubled times
Are you going through a fiery furnace experience. Know that God is drawing you closer to Him and refining and developing you. Jesus is coming again. "Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away" James 4:14. Let not your heart be troubled. "'Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life" Rev. 2:10. If you have read and studied the Bible you know the outcome and therefore do not need to worry about how things are going to end up. 

He holds the future
We may not know what the future holds but we know for sure Who holds the future. Studying prophecy will give you an assurance and peace the world knows nothing about.

Prayer:  Father, give us insight into the future that will transform our lives and the enjoy of life to the fullest. In Jesus name.