Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Prophecy

Prophecy: works tried by fire to determine rewards
At the judgment seat of Christ, the believers works shall be tried by fire to determine his rewards.

Works tried by fire
"Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." 1 Cor. 3:12-15.

Wood, hay, stubble
Fire will burn these in a moment. What are these works?

Wood:
"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" 1 Cor. 10:31. Don't do your good deeds to be "noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven...so that they may be honored by men Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full." Matt. 6:1-4. That comforts me. I don't have to try to judge their motives. God knows and it is built out of wood and will be burned up. I just have to do what I do to the glory of God whether I get any credit down here or not! WOW that says it all.

Hay
"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father" Col. 3:17. Sometimes I am afraid we do what we do in the name of Baptists or Methodists or whatever instead of the Lord Jesus. That is hay and will be burned up. There wont be any Baptist in heaven just blood washed Christians and I am a Baptist here.

Stubble:
"If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing" 1 Cor. 13: 1-3. If it is not done in love in profits nothing, no rewards. It is stubble.

Judge yourself
We must judge ourselves of our motives and manner or all we do will be worthless and wasted. It will be burned up.

Prayer: Father, help us to be transparent and do all we do for Your glory alone. In Jesus name

God loves YOU and so do I, all because the Lord Jesus suffered and died for our sins, paid our debt in full and rose again so we can be forgiven and go to heaven, sumner.


"First of all, pray for Kings (yours and mine) and all in authority, so that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life" 1 Tim. 2:1-4. Oh how we need to do this today. God is holy and would never tell someone to blow themselves up and murder innocent people with them and they will go to heaven, first class. "As in the days of Noah" "The earth was filled with violence" Gen. 6:11. Oh, that you would "be men that have understanding of the times to know what (God's people) ought to do" 1 Chron. 12:32.