Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Race

I love to watch track meets. I love to see runners go all out to win a race. It is awesome to know how they train, discipline themselves, keep in shape and pay such a price to become winners.

"Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize" 1 Cor. 9:25-27.

O dear people, the Christian life is a race, and we should all want to be winners. That means we must train, sacrifice, go all out, pay the price, and run the race according to the rules God has put in the rule book, the Bible.

The incorruptible crown.
"The Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself so that I might finish my course (race) with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" Rom. 20:23-24. Paul will receive that "incorruptible crown" and so will you if you keep the rules, pay the price, are a faithful steward of gifts and goals God gives you and finish the race.

The crown of righteousness.
"For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His coming? For you are our glory and joy" 1 Thes. 2:19, 20. There is a "crown of rejoicing" for those you have won to Christ.

"He who is wise wins souls" Prov. 11:30. "And they that be wise shall shine as the rightness of the firmament, and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever" Dan. 12:3. This is one of the most awesome verses in the Bible and everyone can be a soul-winner. "The harvest is plenty but the laborers are few" Matt 9:37. Please don't forget this great verse.

O dear people. What a joy it will be to have some crowns to cast at Jesus dear feet Rev. 4:9-11. That will be one beautiful and sweet moment. More crowns next week.

Prayer: Father, bless Your dear people and don't let the world or Satan deceive them into not striving for crowns of rewards to lay at Jesus feet. In Jesus name

You are loved by God and me, all because of Calvary, sumner