Friday, January 18, 2008

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundations of the world

Did you hear about the little boy at the beach with a hole dug in the sand getting one shell full of water after another and pouring it into the hole. A man asked him what he was doing and he said, "I am pouring the ocean into this hole"
 
You and I know it can't be done. I hear so many "theologians" trying to pour God into our little minds and it can't be done.
Preachers and professors try to "explain" this truth that we are "chosen in Him before the foundation of the world." There are so many profound truths taught by God that our little finite minds cannot comprehend and we should just rejoice and praise God for it without trying to explain it.
 
This is one of those. You and I may not be able to fully comprehend this truth nor explain it. I just rejoice in it and praise Him that I am one of His and I rejoice in Him daily and will shout all over glory land when He comes to get me and take me home with Him forever.
So what? Learn to "rejoice in the Lord" and all He is doing and is going to do for us for all eternity. This morning in my prayer time, I did just that and almost went up to glory, with the joy God was putting in my heart. "Rejoice in the Lord and again I say rejoice! Oh, dear people I LOVE YOU, make up your mind this year you are going to rejoice in the Lord and leave the doubts and debates to the "theologians." The servant of he Lord must not strive (debate?). ABC Sumner
 
Exodus 34:14 "Do not worship any other god, (no matter what he is called) for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God".
Go to http://www.sumnerwemp.com enter the drawing for a pack of tracts in the KJV. Read the article on witnessing, the most unusual ever. Call 1-877-872-2871 to order "Your Ticket to heaven" tract in the KJV, or Spanish or ESV and give the gospel to every person you can. (I get NO royalty from tracts). PLEASE Forward this to some friends.
 
Something really new for you. Go to our web http://www.sumnerwemp.com to download Helen Roseveare's fantastic message. Filled with stories of miracles in Africa. FREE. TO ALL ON OUR MAILING LIST!