Wednesday, March 19, 2008

God did all this to get me back to Franklin Street Baptist Church

March 1940, a few months before, my grandfather gave me a bright yellow body, black fenders, wire spoked wheels, sport roadster convertible, with a rumble seat. It was classic. No other kid I knew had their own car. It was rare. Johnny, Gene's brother, said to me, "How about coming back tonight and after church we will get some girls and go down to the beach. (20  miles away) That was the in thing in those days. Was God ever at work.

I saw a girl there that I had seen in school. (I have my wife's permission to tell this) I said to Johnny, get me a date with her and I will. He said he would. She had been going steady with a boy for one year and broke up with him THAT week. You talk about God at work to get me saved. Johnny said he would.

I went back to church, about 200 were there, but I am sure I would not have even thought about going back if Johnny had not asked me to do that. God made him do that. I heard Pat Wimberly again and was terribly convicted but he told me, God loved me and sent Jesus to suffer and die for my sins, paid my debt in full, was buried, rose again and was seen by hundreds. I could not get that off my mind.  Preachers MUST included the gospel in every sermon so anyone unsaved could have a chance to get saved.

We went to the beach and I asked the girl for a date the next Friday night. She agreed. Having a car made the real difference. I saw the hand of God all the way through it all. We dated, she asked me back to church. I went. Word spread like a wild fire about this kid coming to church who was lost. People began praying for me like mad. I did not know that part. That is so essential to do in our churches today. I hope they do in YOUR church. If not make it so.

Start with YOU. People today need to be soul conscience and pray with a passion for visitors. It makes all the difference. Franklin Street Baptist  Church was and STILL IS TODAY, one terrific church.

Dr. Terry Gore, a man of God is pastor today and prays for me and this ministry faithfully. I love him and his godly wife Bobbi, dearly as they do me. That is a must also in churches today.

To be continued. The story gets better every day. I am sending a special email Tomorrow's email, The best of all, read how I GET SAVED, miraculous.

WOW This just came to me from one of you, a good pastor who gets our emails.!
"Sumner, your tract 'Your Ticket to Heaven' has given me more opportunities for witnessing than ever before."  It will you and your pastor too, if you will give them out. Call 1-877-872-2871 ask for "SALES"  to order some. I GET NOTHING FOR IT. God and I love you, ABC Sumner

"They rehearsed all that God had done with them" Acts 14:27. We should too! Paul gave his testimony over and over. I am too now.

The Biblical 4 points of Evangelism we MUST give to win souls. 1.
Christ died for our sins, 2. was buried, 3. rose again 4. was seen by hundreds 1 Cor 15:1-4 The only gospel to be saved by. The FULL gospel. Don't add to or take away any or pervert it Gal 1:6-9. Read Phil 1:17, I AM TOO.

Tracts by the scores are going to drawing winners. Be sure to check to see if you got a notice that you won tracts. Enter the drawings daily, many do and most win.

SEE, SPECIAL EMAIL TOMORROW AND FRIDAY