Monday, March 17, 2008

I met Jake, Heard Pat. they made an eternal impact on me. We can. Here is how

My first day in church 68 yrs ago.

When Gene and I got to church, . All  the young people had on ties and coats. I did not own a suit. My shirt tale was hanging out, I had cigarettes in my shirt pocket. Back then teen agers did not smoke in public. I did, my mom and dad and I all smoked.

Gene left me alone while he went to see someone. I felt so out of place. A sharply well dressed business man spotted me, came to me, stuck his hand out  with a warm smile and said, "My names Jake, what's your name?" (don't forget him). You can not know what that meant, the impact still lasts today. I had been run out of the corner drug store. The owner said, stay away I don't want your money. I had stole him blind. I tell it with shame. Jake impacted my life forever. I truly felt someone cared. WE all MUST go our of our way to speak to and welcome new comers to church, ESPECIALLY young people and young couples.

We went to church and the pastor, Pat Wimberly, preached with a passion. He preached against all of my sins. I thought sure Gene had told him all about me. Then he said, "God loves you. He sent the Lord Jesus to suffer and die for your sins, paid the debt in full, was buried, rose again and was seen by hundreds of people. I had never heard that once in my life. And MOST people you and I know and meet today have not either and must hear. It blew my mind. All of that week I was so under conviction, I thought God was going to kill me. Thank God when you are convicted! It means God has not given up with you. THANKS Gene. To be continued. Wait until you hear the rest. God was at work in so many fantastic ways to get me saved. WOW

WOW This just came to me from one of you, a good pastor!
"Sumner, your tract 'Ticket to Heaven' has given me more opportunities for witnessing than ever before." It will you too, if you will give them out. Call 1-877-872-2871 ask for "SALES"  to order some. I GET NOTHING FOR IT. I love you, ABC Sumner

"They rehearsed all that God had done with them" Acts 14:27.We should too! I am now.

4 points of Evangelism 1. Christ died for our sins, 2. was buried, 3. rose again 4. was seen by hundreds 1 Cor 15:1-4 The only gospel to be saved by. The FULL gospel. Don't add to or take away any or pervert it Gal 1:6-9.