Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Only One True God

There is but one God, one Creator, Lord of all, King of Kings
 
"I am the Lord; that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." Isaiah 42:8.
In Chapter 44 of the book of Isaiah, God tells how a man cuts a tree, makes a fire with part of the wood and warms himself. He takes another part of the wood and puts it into the stove so he may bake bread and eat it. "And the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it and worshippeth it and prayeth unto it and saith, Deliver me for thou art my god."
 
How totally irrational. That just does not make one ounce of sense. How could a man worship a god that he had just made with his own hands? Yet there are millions of gods invented and worshipped by men and women all over the world. How tragic!
Our God has said, "Remember the former things of old: for I am God and there is none else; I am God and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure" (Isaiah 46:9–10).
 
Our God is the only God—not Mohammed, Allah, Buddha, Vashti, Krishna, nor any of the cults. Ideas about salvation invented by man don't make any sense, either. Only Jesus died for man's sins, took the punishment and rose again. The Bible says, "He that believes in the Son has everlasting life" (John 3:36).
 
Prayer: Father, bless Your children and keep us away from the spiritual wolves who want to mislead us. May we love the Lord our God. In Jesus' name, Amen.
 
Quote for the Day: Let those be thy choicest companions who have made Christ their chief companion. —Thomas Brooks
 
At Sumner Wemp's request and due to family health issues, his ministry will be transitioned to East-West Ministries as of April 6, 2009.  Both ministries see God's hand in this transition.
 
East-West Ministries International is committed to evangelizing, equipping and establishing grace-oriented churches in restricted-access areas of the world. Our ten year goal (from 2002-2011) is to share the Gospel with 50 million people, equip 10,000 national ministry leaders, and establish 1,000 grace-oriented churches among 100 unreached people groups.
For more information, visit our website at www.eastwest.org